New Scout Checklist
Starting out with Cub Scouts may seem a little overwhelming. Here is a checklist to help you along…
- Bookmark this site, http://www.arlingtoncubs313.com and refer to it when you need information.
- Get the contact information of your Den Leader. The Cubs are divided by age/grade into Dens. Your Den Leader is your first line of information and planning. Your Den Leader will help your Cub learn about Scouting and Pack 313.
- Fill out an application and give it and your dues for the year to your Den Leader. After you fill in the application, you can begin to participate in Den and Pack activities as an official Cub Scout.
- Go to the Scout Store and purchase at least the uniform shirt and book for your Cub’s level. The Scouter at the shop will help with the patches that you need. Just tell him/her your age and that you are with Pack 313.
- That is it. Start having fun! One thing you can start with is the Bobcat award requirements. You can find them in any of the Cub Scout books and they are the basics that all Cubs should know.